Friday, September 9, 2011

Gaming Education

I just saw this infographic (tweeted by someone I follow) and am still in the process of digesting it. I really hope games (not just video games) are changing education.

There is so much written on this subject that I can't imagine I would add a whole lot to the conversation. There is just one thing from the section below "It's not all fun and games" where some concerns about games in education are raised that I would like to comment on.

"Some teachers worry that games motivate students to achieve defined win states rather than to seek knowledge."


I'm pretty sure that much of what goes on in mainstream education at pretty much any level has to do with achieving defined win states. Most students are gaming education. I guess the good news is that, as with many games, they learn something along the way in spite of themselves.

Video Games and Education
Via: Online Colleges Guide

No comments:

Post a Comment